It’s out of the way and two hours from home, but I’m looking for a place to eat while we’re in Troy and stumbled on an unusual cocktail menu. It has me trying to guess what some of the ingredients are and trying to picture their presentation.
Nighthawks looks like it’s a bar and grill with overall unusual offerings in addition to standard burger bar foods. While, this isn’t going to e today’s choice, only because we can’t squeeze in day drinking on today’s calendar. The Husband came to Troy for one reason, wants to get it done, and try to beat the traffic going back home.
So add to my list of things to do is try out the drink menu at Nighthawks. I found the cocktail menu on Yelp, and it’s five months old, so trying it out is a viable option in the near future.
The House cocktails menu I’m looking at is as follows:
- Ramble on Rose: Gin, torched rosemary syrup, bergomot marmQlode, lemon juice, egg white, orange blossom water
- The Low Beet : Vodka, beet kvoss, rhuborb liqueur, lemon juice, obsinthe
- Poguetry In Motion: Buttered Dark & Spiced Rum, opplejock, lopsong souchong, cinnamon, nutmeg, vonillo, ollspice. doves, peppercorns (served hot)
- Shoot The Moon : tequila, mezcol, acid adjusted gropefruit, operol, cranberry, brown sugar, scorched thyme
- The Sticky Situation: butter bourbon, scotch, maple syrup, block walnut bitters, hickory smoke, maple glazed walnut
- Smokestock Lightning: Chocolate-hozelnut butter infused rye, rum roisin syrup, chaga bitters, orange bitters, hickory smoke, vegon marshmallow
The challenge will be trying to figure out how to try all six drinks. Trying them single handed, within one trip, is a recipe for disaster.
TROY, NY 12180